1. Who inspires you?
My parents are an inspiration to me. Their work ethic, their toughness, and their love inspires me to be the best I can.
2. What was the best concert you ever went to?
Radiohead, at my college’s outdoor stadium, after their In Rainbows album, in the pouring rain. Unforgettable.
3. Where’s your favorite place in the world?
I’ve lived in many places and many countries, but my favorite place to live is Southern California. Other than that, I love the beaches of Koh Samui in the Gulf of Thailand.
4. If you could be any animal, which would you be?
A giraffe, it’s an interesting animal and it can see very far lol.
5. What’s the last book you read?
The book I’m currently reading is Nixonland by Rick Perlstein.
6. What are you passionate about?
Aside from my career, I am passionate about motorsports and cars.
7. What’s your favorite movie?
It is so hard to pick a single favorite, but one of my favorites is In the Mood for Love. It’s a film directed by Wong Kar Wai with cinematography by Christopher Doyle.
8. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
I travel to Lincoln, Nebraska every year to compete with 1,200+ other amateur race car drivers at the SCCA Solo Nationals, the largest amateur motorsports event in the world.
9. What are you currently watching on Netflix or TV?
The last show I binged was the The Last Dance, a documentary on Michael Jordan and the 97-98 Chicago Bulls.
10. If you were a super hero, what would your super power be?
It’d definitely be the ability to control time.
11. Who would you most like to swap places with for a day?
I’d like to swap places with Lewis Hamilton and experience a day as a Formula 1 driver.
12. What’s the best meal you ever had?
Aside from mom’s home cooking, it would be the kaiseki tasting at N/Naka near Santa Monica.
13. If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
I’d like to do a road-trip through Northern Italy in a rented sports car.
14. What are some of your pet peeves?
My biggest pet peeve is a lack of attention to detail and carelessness in a person’s work.
15. What’s your secret talent that no one knows about?
I was a professional musician before I was a lawyer.
16. Which four individuals, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most?
All four of my grandparents. I’d like to see them again.
17. What is the best gift you ever received?
The leather briefcase my wife got me when I graduated law school. I still use it to this day and it has patinaed very well.
18. Name one thing on your bucket list?
Compete as an amateur racing driver at the 24 hours of Le Mans.
19. What is your favorite family tradition?
Big family dinners during the holidays where family from far away are gathered together for a delicious meal.
20. What is your least favorite dessert?
Least favorite? Anything that contains black licorice.